When you're packing for a long distance move, it can be tricky to decide what to take and what to leave behind. Here are some tips on what to pack when moving long distances:
1. Make a packing list and stick to it. This will help you avoid wasting time rummaging through your belongings looking for something you forgot. You can also contact at steeleandvaughn.com/long-distance-moving/ with any questions that you might have regrding long distance move.
Image Source Google
2. Pack as much as you can in boxes or containers. This will help reduce the amount of packing needed later on.
3. Label everything with your name and the date of the move. This will make locating your belongings much easier if they get misplaced during the move.
4. Bring along any important documents, such as birth certificates, passports, and insurance policies.
5. Arrange for someone to take care of your pets while you're away. They'll likely be happy to stay with someone they know and love while you're gone.
6. Make sure you have enough cash on hand for your move. This is the only cost that typically comes out of pocket and it's better to be safe than sorry concerning this expense.
7. Prepare a list of all your possessions going into storage, as well as any specific items you want moved during the process.
8. Be prepared to negotiate with your moving company regarding what they will charge for additional or special services during the move (like packing fragile items, handling custom boxes, etc.)